Warranty - parts fall off

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by smartwork, Oct 9, 2006.

1. smartwork

smartwork LawnSite Member
    from TN

Does the Exmark warranty cover parts that simply fall off after factory installation? I have an Lazer Z XS / 60 Triton - only about 90 days old - about 20 hours on it, and now I have an anti-scalp wheel go missing and cannot be found in the yard (mower is for single residential use). Will warranty replace something that falls off being that the factory is the one that installed it?

Thanks!

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello,
    Thanks for purchasing an Exmark. Sorry for the loss of your anti-scalp roller. Yes, warranty will cover the loss of an anti-scalp roller. Please contact your dealer and they can help you with your warranty claim.
    Brian

3. smartwork

from TN

Thanks, Brian! I'll check it out.

4. smartwork

from TN

Hello there, Brian

Well... I stopped by the Exmark dealer today - where I bought the mower - and wanted to get the replacement wheel warrantied and much to my surprise... they refused. I guess I was surprised on a couple things - 1. I thought it would have been easy, and 2. As a business owner myself, I was surprised after having just spent $11K on the mower and now missing a wheel, they would have tossed me a wheel and said have a nice day. That in itself sure has dampened how I thought they ran the place.

I need the wheel and bolt assembly that holds it on. Brian, how do I go about warrantying that if the local dealer refuses?

Thanks!

-shaun

5. eaglejrl

eaglejrl LawnSite Member
    from 75681

Just purchased a Lazer Z 60" a couple of weeks ago. While mowing the first time with it, I looked down at a previous pass and saw one of my anti scalping wheels laying on the grass. I couldn't find the bolt and washer that went with it. Took the wheel to my dealer and he gave me a bolt and this time a lock washer. I put it on and went mowing. It came off again. Took the wheel back this time and we discovered that the threads inside the wheel had been crossthreaded. My dealer simply took off a wheel on a display deck and sent me on my way. No problems since. I can't believe that your dealer just didn't do something similiar.

6. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello Shaun,
    Sorry, that sure doesn't sound like how our Dealers handle issues.
    Please send me a private email with your full name, address, phone # and model/serial # of your mower.
    We will send you a wheel and bolt assembly.
    Brian

7. smartwork

from TN

Thanks, Brian! I didn't see your email address, so I was going to PM you, but the system didn't allow that either. If you can drop me an email at shaun @ larsonart.com (remove spaces around @ symbol - spam prevention), I can send you all the requested info.

Thanks!

8. dubblet125

dubblet125 LawnSite Member

Some of these dealers amaze me regarding the fact that no matter how much money you spend there when something goes wrong they dont want to help you. When i started my business i bought a 36" metro and various handheld equipment all from the same dealer and not even a year later i had to replace the head gasket and valves on the mower a $250 repair and they wouldnt cover it saying that "the engine ingested dirt". This was so rediculous to me because i have so many different peices of equipment over the years and not once have i ever had any problem as i take very good care of my equipment and if its that easy for dealer anytime something goes wrong with the engine they can say that it ingested dirt and they can probably make up some other bs about anything else that breaks to get out of covering it.

9. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

FWIW, I lost an anti-scalp wheel on my '06 Turf Tracer HP a couple of weeks ago.

Went back and found it lying in the grass.

The whole wheel and "axle" fell off the mounting bracket.

All I did was buy a nut for it.

Not sure if exmark is using locknuts on these, but apparently they should be.

10. Berkshire

Berkshire LawnSite Member

Had the same thing happen to me with only a couple of hours on my new mower this spring. My dealer took good care of me, I did replace all the nuts with lock nuts with no problem since....