Warranty question 17/44

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Millertime, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Millertime

Millertime LawnSite Member

I have a warranty question, on my 17/44 the fuel switch located right under the seat is missing the handle with the little red plastic. I guess it came out while mowing. The switch itself looks fine it's just missing the handle. Is the handle just a press in item? Should this be covered under warranty? I know your'e thinking just take it to your dealer and let them look but I'm having a really hard time with my dealer over fixing a brand new four wheeler right now. So I would prefer to know before I go there with this. Thanks for any help. Chris

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Millertime,

All warranty's cover defects in materials and workmanship. Was there a defect that caused the failure. Most of the time the answer to that question is "no" but we often cover these items anyway.

Techically unless the rubber handle was cracked or torn from the factory it probably would not be a warrany situation. I'm assuming that the lever is still in place and the red rubber grip is missing. Let me know for sure and we may be able to do something to help you along.

Thanks

Terry

3. Millertime

I can't really say what caused it to fall off. I just noticed it was gone one day. The lever is gone from the switch itself. I can see the hole where the lever goes in, it's not threaded so I assume it's just a press fit. Thanks

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Millertime,

Generally if the lever is gone it is usually caused by an impact..............someones foot usually or often the floorpan is used to carry objects (trimmers, trash etc) from one place to another, which if the operator isn't careful damage can occur. It's also possible that the valve was simply made incorrectly and is defective. Have your dealer look at it. Without seeing the valve it would be impossible to determine if it is a warrantable repair or not.

Thanks

Terry

5. Millertime

No problem, the part isn't expensive so it doesn't matter either way. I'm just not looking forward to taking it to my dealer right now. Thanks