warranty question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Curious Porpoise, Jan 6, 2006.

1. The Curious Porpoise

The Curious Porpoise LawnSite Member

now suppose u have a 2 year warranty (or whatever) on a trimmer, mower, anything. how does the company know when the two years is up? is that what the registration card is for? cuz i personally haven't registered any of my equipment yet (last summer was my first season). or could i just accompany my disrepaired equipment w/ the dated receipt of purchase?

2. burns60

burns60 LawnSite Senior Member

If your dealer is a reliable and competent one, then he should register your purchases and hold all the records of the dates and products that you bought. It's good business for him and you. You don't have to worry about it, and don't forget, dealers make good money off warranty work, while keeping their customers happy as well.

It is part of my "game plan" to build a good relationship with my dealer, and it has paid dividends through warranty work, and getting good fast service from him.

I expect you could show proof of purchase date and have the warranty work done, but probably depends on which company or brand you have bought.

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Actually.. if you ever bother to read the warranty statement at the back of the owners manual of most products (or on a seperate piece of paper for some), it tells you that the original (or copy) of the dated sales receipt is required for warranty work to be performed.

4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

My dealer takes care of the cards and dates.

5. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

If your dealer don't do it for you then look in the packet of info for the registration form, fill it out and mail it in. Always keep up with receipts just incase you need it too.