Warranty question

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Ray Zorback, May 17, 2007.

1. Ray Zorback

Ray Zorback LawnSite Member

Homeowner here, looking at a Mini Z 52" for my 4 acres. If I understanding Hustler's website correctly, a homeowner can get a 4 yr warranty on a Fas Trak, but only 2 on a Mini Z. Is this correct? Does Hustler offer an extended warranty? Thanks.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

All of our commercial products (Mini Z included) carry the same 2 year warranty.
    The Fastrak carries a 4 year and the Mini Fastrak carries a 3 year.
    All the engines we use carry a 2 year warranty for residential use.
    We do offer a extended warranty on the internals of the engine, it is for 2 years after the original engine warranty expires.
    You must purchase (at same time as mower) and use Super Oil for the total of the 4 years.

Pj

3. Ray Zorback

Ray Zorback LawnSite Member

The part I don't understand is you offer 4 years warranty to a homeowner on your 'base' unit but only 2 on a 'step up' model. It seems backwards to me.:confused:

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is just the way it is done and how we sell the product.
    The commercial units are built for every day commercial use, where the residential units are built for home use.
    We do not give warranty based on the end user type on anything but the FasTrak series, they will get a commercial 1 year warranty if bought for commercial use.