1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Warranty Question

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by grasssin, Jul 30, 2004.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Yesterday mowing along when something felt wierd on my mower (Lazer 48 HP). Turns out that my muled drive pulley from the engine had somehow thrown the bolt and came undone from the engine. With the weight of the pulley full on the supporting arm, it bent the support arm and tore off the eletrical wire that runs up the support arm..

I took it into my dealer and they are still looking at it right now but since I just got the mower new in March, shouldnt it be under warranty?

Anyway, thanks for your help
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

That's a tough call that we really rely on our dealers to make because they can actually see the failure and see if what caused it as well as what other damage was done. I've never heard of one of these bolts coming loose but all fasteners have the potential at some pont in time. If you send me a pm with the name of your dealer I can contact them and find out what they are seeing. You can e-mail at terry.eckert@exmark.com at your convenience.