Warranty Registration

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by DiezNutz, Jun 24, 2007.

1. DiezNutz

DiezNutz LawnSite Member

Exactly how hardnosed is Hustler about this "must register your warranty within 10 days from date of purchase" and "date of purchase constitutes delivery" business? I have a couple of issue with this:
    #1) I didn't even think it was legal anymore to force that. There at least seems to be a prevailing notion these days that warrantly rights aren't conditional on registration, especially within a tight deadline.
    #2) What happens when things are backordered? Suppose it's been more than 10 days since I ordered a bagger kit, and the warranty form is buried in the box somewhere... or maybe I live far away from my dealer, so as soon as I get the kit I'm supposed to break my neck getting the form back to him?

I realize in most cases the dealer registers the machine electronically, but that doesn't always apply 100% of the time to attachments, especially if ordered separately/later. Please tell me Hustler isn't this uptight about it.

2. DiezNutz

DiezNutz LawnSite Member

Uhhh... fellas? ;)
    PJ ?
    Anybody ?
    Thanks in advance :help:

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I have been traveling, sorry for the delay.
    The warranty starts from the date of delivery.
    There are so many legal aspects in a warranty statement you need to read it in detail.
    If there are circumstances you are concerned with you need to contact our warranty administration people, I am sure they can explain it and work with you on it.
    You can e-mail me and I will forward it to who needs it if you need to talk to them about this.
    I am certainly not the person who handles this or makes the decisions.
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Pj