Warranty will cover what?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stevenf, Oct 26, 2007.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking to get a new ZTR rider in Feb. Since I wont be looking for the highest class of commercial ZTR, I have been researching specifically the best warrantys just to make sure I will have the mower for Atleast two years....
    What all does the warranty cover? I know it doesnt cover blades, belts, and tires. Does it cover spindles? does it cover the bearings going out? Does it cover pulleys? Decks being bent? How long are the Kawasaki warrantys?

Just trying to figure out how safe I will be haveing relied on a warrnty.

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Spindles should be covered for a certain period of time...I couldn't say for each brand but typically they would be covered for at least a year.

Just watch out, if you buy a non-commercial model, they probably won't cover you if you use it commercially.

For any commercial Z, you should be covered on most things for the first year.

3. stevenf

what about the Cub enforce, two year parts and labor.....???

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

`my commercial cub had 2 years all parts and labor 3rd year parts.....

that is not a commercial machine, dont know how much you plan on mowing, but that machine will not last...and i could be wrong, but i be the warrenty is very shor if at all if used commercially

5. stevenf

The enforcer is listed under there commercial machines. Enforcer, Then Tank

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Some units don't have labor warranty in the second year.

7. stevenf

the site says 2 year parts and labor fo rthe Enforcer. so spindles, pulleys.... What about Kawasaki motors?