1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Warranty

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by tthomass, Sep 4, 2006.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

How long of a warranty do you offer on your work?

Pavers

Flagstone in mortar

Dry lay flagstone

Walls etc.........

I typically do 2yrs.

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I try to advoid the term warranty as much as possible!!! If they don't ask i keep my mouth shut and have nothing about it in the contract.

I do good work and stand behind it 100%. If there was a legit proablem with my work i would go back and make it right. I'm not about to start braggin about a 2 or 3 year warranty, and then have people calling me a week before the warranty runs out to resand the walk.

If a walkway started to sink or something i'd fix it asap. I take pride in my work, and want to always do the best possible job.

Matt

3. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

All hardscape work includes a 5 year labor warranty, Voided by natural wear and tear, acts of God, and customer misuse. Also teh customer must sign a satisfactory accptance after final payment is made otherwise the warranty is void.

4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

satisfactory acceptance..........how do you word that? "yes it looks good" signed XXXXX

5. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

Basically its a statment saying that I have fullfilled our contract 100% and the customer is satisfied with the work, and there 5 year warranty based on my terms will begin.