Warranty

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Lazer_Z, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Terry I don't know if this has been asked before but is there any way to do some sort of extension on a current warranty i already know the basic 1-2-3 and i'm down to the end 04 will be my 3

And i have one more question should i have to worry about anything coming loose or shearing the nut(s) that hold something on? on my '00 Metro?

Thanks for any reply

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Lazer Z,

The topic of extended warranty's seams to come up from time to time.

The warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship. Consequently an extended warranty probably wouldn't really cover a whole lot. I'm not aware of any defect in materials or workmanship that has made it past the current warranty period.

As far as fasteners shearing I'm not really aware of any issues. Most generally if the fasteners are tight they would much less susceptible to wear and damage. On a mower you should treat every fastener as if it has the potential to come loose. All fasteners should be inspected from time to time to ensure they are still tight. Vibration can often be the cause of loose fasteners so if you find that some of the nuts and bolt need tightened periodically I'd have the mower inspected.

On my old Metro I'd take a 7/16, 1/2 and 9/16 and check each nut and bolt once or twice per year. It only takes a couple of minutes.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Terry

3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Thnks Terry as always veryhelpfulf info