1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

warrenty ?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by grassyfras, Sep 7, 2001.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Dear Exmark,

Awhile back ago I had a problem with my Exmark. One of the grease fittings was broken and I never was able to put grease into it. Also I bought the mower last fall and first thing in the spring the front casters were flat. And last My deck was bent after I changed the blades. I dont think I hit anything. The lawns i cut are all in a newer subdivsion so there arny any tree stumps. All these things i got fixed by the dealer awhile back ago and I was charged for everthing and it was around $250( the mower had a $50 deleviery charged because I didnt have a way to get it to the dealer). But anyway are any of these things covered in the mower? I was just surprised to pay that much after I bought My Metro hp.

Thanks for al the help you guys do for me and this site
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

The simple answer............it depends, yes, no, maybe.

What I can tell you is that we don't have a provision in warranty to cover pick-up and delivery. Warranty is there to cover factory flaws in material or workmanship. We rely on our dealers to make decisions for us about whether or not a failure is warrantable. If you do question his judgement, we can get the distributor involved to look over the situation.

I do want to thank you for taking your time to let us know your concerns. The only way we can get a feel of how we're doing, is from input by customers such as yourself.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

HOWARD JONES LawnSite Member

I would probably question the deck problem - follow Exmark's advice of getting the distributor involved. Consider yourself lucky on the castors - I have to air up my tires every day!
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Man, I went through that daily "ritual" on and off for years, myself. You know, the ol' "I really need to get these things fixed, - maybe tomorrow." I went out and bought this relatively new product called "Slime" that was recommended by a friend. Way better than the ol' "Fix a flat". This stuff is actually recommended even as a preventative to guard against flats. Never had a problem since. Just use te recommended amount, and you'll be glad. This stuff is available at most automotive stores.

Yes, Runner, I know the problem can be fixed - either by foam fill or flat products - but some guys say that you really need to look for a product that says "rust inhibitor" - they say Slime as well as lots of others have high water content and will rust your wheels. I'll get around to it someday. . .
  6. eXmark

If you really want to eliminate all your flats on your Exmark walkbehinds. You can replace the wheel and tire assembly with our semi-pneumatic wheel and tire.

All of our new models have them installed for you. The kit number is 103-2171.

Thanks, Fred.

Any plans to offer a semi-pneumatic tire for the front castors of lazers?
  8. eXmark

We've had a lot of people request semi-pneumatic, front caster tires for our Lazers. The real question is whether or not the tire manufacturer can design a larger semi-pneumatic tire that works. We have spoken with them about such a thing, and at this time, they are unsure if they can make the tire rigid enough to stand up.

Even if they came out with a semi-pneumatic tire, it would be a while before you would see it on a Lazer, because we would have to thoroughly test it before we would feel comfortable enough to offer it to our customers. If it works after our testing, it's likely that you will see it on a Lazer in the future.

Thanks for your question,

Exmark Customer Care