warrior blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawson, May 18, 2007.

1. lawson

lawson LawnSite Member

I just bought a everride warrior 25kaw 54inch cut and was wondering what the heaviest and best blade would be for it and where to buy. I have some sandy yards and the factory blades just dont hold. Thanks for any help.

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

If your in sand, no blade will hold up. I have the 60" deck and all the standard blades will work, only differance is they are not sharpened as close to the bolt hole as OEM blades. My manual shows you as having a 19" blade whitch is an oddball size. Looks like OEM blades for you. I buy from Mowmore and they don't list a blade of your size. Maybe one of the other aftermarket suppliers can help you. The heavier the blade you run, the more wear you create on your clutch starting and stopping the blades. My Hustler S/Z came with .250 blades and I noticed a big differance when I switched to a .204 blade.

3. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I bought my blades from jthomas.com I have 54'' warrior 25 kaw I love the machine. The only things that I have noticed is it does not stripe well, and the clippings are long that shoot out they dont get mulch'd up. But I can mow very high grass as well as wet grass also holds a hill great. Looking at the stander everride for next year.