1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Warrior vs. Super Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green King, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

For the last week I have been running an Everide Warrior with a 60" deck. A dealer friend asked me and some other cutters to put it to the test. So I have been running it on everything. I have a neighbor who bought a Super Z about a month ago. So we did some comparing the two machines. Both machines have a 27hp kohler engine. both 60" . Both machines are quality units. Both have very similar features. Both are fast. the main diffrence is the mower deck. And I have to give the Warrior the edge in that department. The deck cuts tall grass wet grass with no problem at all and does a nice job stripping. Also one other advantage the warrior has is it has an articualting deck on it similar to an Encore Prowler. I personnally like this because it follows the terrain much better. The one thing hustler I think will have an advantage over the warrior is price but I am not sure on that.

I just thought I would pass on the info for those who were currious!
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Depends on the dealer in the area.
  3. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah,,,,,but im only guessing!
  4. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I just bought a 60inch warrior last week because the demo proved it to be very well built. I ran it for about 30 hours and could not put it through anything that it could not handle. I mowed fast and slow tall and short thick and thin hills and flat. I cut of any where from 4inches of, thick wet grass to, 1 inch of thin grass and discovered tht it was the mower for me.
  5. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

>one other advantage the warrior has is it has an articualting deck>

I see no mention of this on the site - havea link?
  6. rochenyguy

rochenyguy LawnSite Member

I've seen an Everride Warrior '05 demo here for $6,400, 25HP Kawasaki, 60" deck, 80 hours on it. How's that price sound to everyone? Seems a little high to me.
  7. Green King

That sounds like a good price for that machine.
  8. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

hustler is a good machine to me .never operated the warrior but they seem very similar.i would go to both dealers &check prices,parts,&service in your area
  9. Green King

In my area the dealer that is thinking about becoming an everide dealer would be the one to go to. The hustler dealer is poor for service after the sale!

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I just did a two week test with the warrior. Probably the same dealership that green king is talking about. I am impressed with that machine. Good clean cut, fast good ride! And in my town the everide dealer would defintely be the better choice for service. They need for me a 72" and diesel power. I do not use 60" machines anymore but if I did I sure would consider one.