Was Expo a flop?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Acute Cut, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Ok guys and gals, every year there are a number of posts about how cool Expo was and about new stuff coming out. I have heard rumors of lots of new stuff (Via Turf connections) but nada on here. What was up with Jungle Jim mowers? Great Dane? Wright? How was Magna Matic in person? Did exmark have any "New" types of mowers? Anyone see anything they want me to try and set up a demo for next year for Turf mag field test articles? (Most of these questions are baited to see if the rumors i have heard are true or not)

I only saw one thread with little fanfare about this event this year. Was the thing a flop or what?

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I don't think it was a flop. Wright had other commitments for the week, but I would have loved to demo some new Standers. I demoed the new Gen II Super Surfer, and I am glad I run Wrights. I am slowly adding more mowing accounts, we are primarily design / build / maintain, so lots of the stuff I look at and demo is irrelevant to most people on this site. Probably the coolest thing I saw this year was the Micro Blaster mini demolition / blasting unit. It uses high volume gas cartridges to blast rock and other immovable objects, and it reuires no licensing to use. www.micro-blaster.com. And it was a steal at $ 375.00. I'd like to see Turf get you to field test more maintenance equipment, in addition to mowers and such. Nothing beats a first person, un biased review of a product. Keep it up :waving:

Acute Cut likes this.
  3. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I thought Expo was worth going to. This was my first and will not be my last. I know from reading mags. and websites such as this, there is a lot of equipment and support products out there. I was really surprised when I walked in and saw just how much there actually is. I run Skag and Echo equipment, but am developing a real sence of what I want in equipment by demoing things side by side. No dealer can provide that experiance by himself. True, there were several "noshows", but I felt it was a good experiance.
    (That Micro-Blaster was neat. I'm thinking about getting one so I can eat my wifes' corn muffins! It's cheaper than new dentures.)

4. JPLAWNSERVICE

JPLAWNSERVICE LawnSite Member

This was my first year at the expo but I really enjoyed it and will plan on going back next year. I agree with captain, it is good to be able to compare equipment side by side instead of going back and forth between a couple of dealers. Plus you might see something that would work perfectly for you that you may have not even thought of or knew existed.

5. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

EXPO this year was the best for us in 8 years. Getting a little high price but very good.