1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Was it the best move?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, May 12, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Everyday that I receive phone calls to do estimates I am wondering whether going back to solo operation this year was the best move. So far I am up to 93 phone calls for estimates this year that I turned down. This is the most estimate phone calls that I have ever received compared to previous years.
  2. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

ouch, that has to hurt a little. Good to not need the work though. I am a bit overloaded too so I'm hoping that's about it for new clients this year. Or I (you too) can boot any crappy customers left as we get new improved customers. Maybe do a few of the estimates, bid high, and if you get it kick someone annoying or slow paying to the curb! Ahhh, good tho be the king! Remember, employees=giant pain in the arse (and there are many benefits on the other side of the argument as well, I know). Use the power you have.
  3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Only you can answer that question........................
    Happiness is more important than a fat account.
  4. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, but a fat account can make for much happiness.
  5. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

One of the most intelligent quotes I've seen in a long time!:drinkup: My problem has always been finding that line. You need fat account sometimes just to get by in this world, to be happy, but the time doing it removes you from your real happiness, with family, friends, etc. :rolleyes: