was made an offer i could refuse

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AielLandscaping, Jul 24, 2002.

1. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

a part timer stopped me today to make me a deal i just almost couldn't refuse... he was selling his business which consisted of the following

1 - 21" toro (which looked to be a homeowner quality machine, i didn't get the model of it)

1 - royobi curved shaft trimmer
    1 - homelite backpack blower
    1 - hand held fertilizer spreader
    and a 4x8 trailer (this is one of those real cheap kind that you can get as a kit and has a axle rating of somewhere around 900lbs)

you get all this plus 17 postage stamp size residentials (these would maybe make an 8 hour day total) plus 1 gas station that i was told didn't want to pay up..so thats a bonus there...

your probably wondering how much for this great offer.. this is all for the low low price of 2500.00

so did i pass up a great opportunity or what?
  2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Tell him I'll take it!

I'm selling my house and moving out to sunny California.:dizzy:
  3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

The equipment is not worth much. If the accounts are on contract, he can show you the contracts, and prove the income then it could be a consideration, if not then it's not a deal at all. I would not even consider it, you have no way of knowing that any of his current customers will allow you to continue, if they don't then you are SOL.
  4. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i have no intention to purchase this stuff, just thought you guys might like to hear about this "great deal"
  5. mower BILL

mower BILL LawnSite Member
    from florida

chessy,home depot equipment. thought you were moving ?
  6. ACER

ACER LawnSite Member

Speaking of Home Depot our local store had a display as you walked in the door, one cheap bolt together trailer, one home owner rider, one home owner handheld blower etc... with a big sign" START YOUR OWN LAWN BUSINESS" !!! What a joke!! Problem is someone will buy this home owner equipment to start making all this EASY money.