Was my first mower buy decent?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Busa_bill, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Busa_bill

Busa_bill LawnSite Member

Getting ready to start up the business and made my first mower purchase. 2004 48" JD HD45. It has 73 hours on it. The guy thought he was going in the business and changed his mind. It's been in his garage under cover except for when he took it out to run it. I think he really hated to see it go, but he didn't need it. By the detailed notes he kept, I'm sure he did everything by the book. I paid $1700 and drove 200 miles to pick it up. Did I do okay?

deere 1.jpg

deere 2.jpg

deere 3.jpg

2. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Very nice pickup there! I'd say you did EXTREMELY well!

3. VMS

VMS LawnSite Member

very nice deal.:clapping:

4. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

tHATS A HYDRO TOO RIGHT? AWSOME FIND!

5. mowman25

mowman25 LawnSite Member

Now all you need to do is buy my 5x8 trailer for $650 to haul it around on. Ill meet you in Dallas. Check it out I posted some pics of it.

6. TheHammer

TheHammer LawnSite Member

awsome job .

7. Busa_bill

Busa_bill LawnSite Member

Funny you should mention Dallas, because that's where I had to go to get the machine. I've looked and looked for good clean equipment here in Houston, and there's very little to be had. Dallas has a much better market for used machines. Weird how two large metropolitan areas separated by only 200 miles would be so different. I haven't figured that out yet.

I'm covered on the trailer, but thanks for offering.

8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

There must be a better fence in Dallas than in Houston.

9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

That is a very nice and clean mower, I would have bought it if it was close to me!

10. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Where in houston do you work? The reason you dont find much used equipment in houston is because everyone runs everything til it dies.