Was my price for stone too much??

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by scaglawnsnj, Jan 11, 2005.

1. scaglawnsnj

scaglawnsnj LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Greetings landscape professionals
    I recently bid on a fine grade(by hand)of fill..It was reasonable level,
    just a slight raking of 2168 sq. ft. property.$400.00
    Stone prep and installation of (20Ton white river rock )400.00
    20Ton Materials .Tax. Delivered=810.00Brief summary

Total Estimate 1610.80

Was this too high..I'm kinda taking this personally. Because I thought this was a bottom end price..I was lo-balled by some other guy...damn :realmad:

2. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Without looking into it, I think your price seems fair. Maybe a little low.

Chris

3. scaglawnsnj

from nj

THe same jerk stole my dads paver job, damn even 1000.00 under no bull
    Owe well quality cost more, i went to see what this guy is up too. and damn the waves on his grading sucked

4. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

I agree with cgland.....if any thing a little low,the other guy must enjoy working for nonting>>more than likely before the job is done he will kick hisself in the (donkey) for underbidding this job!Then again he may be one of those that raise the price (due to overlooking something) before the job is done.There are jerks that do this everyday............call them lowballers,good luck on future jobs :) :) :) :waving:

5. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

you sound a little low, I would have got 1400.00 just for installing the stone + plus the prep work.

6. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

How were you moving the rock in? Fabric? Edging?

We would be over 2k just for the rock .

Always someone cheaper ...let them have it. They will book up fast with their lower rates and leave work for others that can name their price.

7. scaglawnsnj

from nj

guy said he don't want the edging or fabric..who would of thought..that cheap ****..this guy is a money maker too..this is his week end beach house.
    the guy that did the job sucked..that job was done like ****..maybee thats why he did it for 300.00 laybor..ow well i'll get the big bites this spring..
    i don't understand how he did that under my 1610.80 bid he must of been starving to work in the cold days for ****