1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Was this done correctly??

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by MDLawn, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

OSHA? OSHA regulates employee safety and would have nothing to do with it after construction is complete.

2. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, diggin up the past......:)

3. Darryl G

Another rainy do so just doing some browsing.

4. MDLawn

Just messing with ya man...... I saw it pop up in my UserCP and couldn't even remember what I made the thread about!!

5. Darryl G

Honestly it drives me nuts how many people have no idea what OSHA is and what they regulate. Any time something safety related comes up they throw out OSHA.

I could go hop around in an unshored 10 foot deep vertical trench naked while running a chain saw in one hand and firing a nail gun in the other and if they showed up there would be nothing they could do, except maybe call the cops, lol. OSHA does not protect people from themselves or the general public, their purpose is to provide a safe workplace for employees, and employees only.

6. MDLawn

Many people who start a business don't know anything about running a business (I sure didn't and am still learning A LOT), they just know how to make stripes in a lawn or throw mulch. Unfortunately many states, well at least NY, hands you a packet of information about running a business such as taxes, insurance, employment, regulations, OSHA, etc.... It doesn't necessarily tell you what you need to do but gives you the resources to contact those who know what you need to do. Many people just use the information in forums rather than actually contacting the agency that actually makes the rules. Usually with forums if it is not directly realted to the topic, here it's landscaping, the information is misguided at best. The attempt is created to make a business section but again usually clouded by information that is all over the place. The way I see it now is that if I have a non landscaping question about something, go to the agency involved. Not the buddy who talked another friend who ran into "the guy" at the supermarket.