Wash siding of complex

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by allenoutdoor, Jun 26, 2005.

1. allenoutdoor

allenoutdoor LawnSite Member

have any of you ever cleaned siding before on a building. we have a customer that wants us to clean the siding of a small condo complex. i wouldn't even consider it, but the grass is pretty dry and we will be slow in a few weeks. what would you charge and how hard is it? any input would be great

2. VillageGreen

VillageGreen LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Hey I haven't done it for customers, but I did it on our home, and it's really easy, and looks great when it's done. However if the wash surface is really dirty then you'll be there for quite a while depending on the size of the surface.

3. JRAZ

JRAZ LawnSite Member
    from NW

depending on the type of siding and the condition it is in, a pressure washer may be all you need.

4. MudFoot

MudFoot LawnSite Member

Correct. If it's the plastic-type siding I'd suggest using a pressure washer. Very simple task. If it's wood, I wouldn't use one though. You might chip off the paint, or chip the wood itself.

5. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I pressure wash the folks house every spring and fall. You would be amazed how dirty a house can get once you get done washing it and see how much better it looks. I do some power washing in the slow times of the summer, I dont like doing it, really hurts the old wrists with the pressure in the hose but money is money I guess. I prefer doing driveways, patios, and decks as opposed to houses, I charge an ass load for houses because well, I hate being on ladders and with water, ladders aint fun.