Wash, Wax & Armor-all the Tires please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Older & Older, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Older & Older

Older & Older LawnSite Member

What basice schedule of cleaning your mower do you guys follow? Someone suggested that they do an "air blow off" of their equipment every evening and a complete wash down every week. Suggestions?

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

After every use I try to at least blow off the mowers and decks. Once a week definetly clean under side (when dry) when its wet out they get cleaned every day,(under side of decks). I try to leave Thursday's light that way I can go over the mowers and if I need something I still have two days to get it. Some wait until Sat or Sunday but IMO if you need a part then your screwed come Monday. If you can rinse the under side of the decks after each day, its a lot easier to just rinse vs. scrape.:cool:

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

same basically as we do...blow them off at the end of the day and power wash them on the weekend.

4. Rev. Crabgrass

Rev. Crabgrass LawnSite Member

Blow decks off after each use and pressure wash every two weeks or so. Then a real good cleaning at the end of the season. Yes armor all too.

REV

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I blow mine off a couple times a week, only time they see water is if mother nature rains on them before I get home.

wayne

6. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Blow it off at the end of every day then i cut my own lawns on fridays then i wash mower, trimmers, truck, and trailer.

7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Blow mine off every day. l dont use water on my machinery, would rather see a dull paint job than a rusty deck or bad spindles.

8. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I personally would not pressure wash my mower. I'm afraid that the pressure will get water into places where it should not get, hurt the paint. I don't think that much pressure is needed.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

What's with the Armourall...next thing you guys will be saying you're having your mowers detailed lol

10. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

On my mowers I scape twice a day, Blow off the mower after every lawn, and wash it two times a week. On the truck since it's a dark color I wash it every two days to keep it looking nice.