Washing a Fastrak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cdolor, Jul 20, 2004.

1. cdolor

cdolor LawnSite Member

I have a new Fastrak 20/52 and have a question about washing it. I do about 3-4 acres per week with it and usually clean the deck, sharpen the blades, wash the whole thing and a coat of Quick wax after I'm finished. This makes keeping it clean easy and this still takes less time than cutting the yard did with my old tractor. I was wondering if there is any problem getting things wet on this machine. Any wiring concerns. Anything to watch out for. I only do it after it has cooled down.

This may seem extreme but after 10 hours of use this thing looks showroom new. My old Craftsman 20 HP tractor was treated like this and doing maintenance the same way. It just died having put nearly 1600 hours on it.

Thanks,
    Chuck

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Of course you do not want moisture in the wrong places, make sure your unit is not getting water into the engine area and avoid spraying water on the drives and any electrical components.
    I suggest using compressed air and blow the unit off as much as possible with maybe a light washing with soap and water.
    And of course a nice waxing...lol...lol...
    Your unit will look like new for many many years with this process.

Pj