wasps

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Aug 28, 2001.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

ive got wasps that have built two nests under my aluminum siding. how the heck can i get rid of them without getting attacked. i cant even see the nests, just hundreds of wasps crawling in and out from under the aluminum siding. thanx

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

spray your gas oil mix at the bottum . the fumes will run them out and you can spray the wasp themselves. forget this if its near a pilot lite ,and no smoking.:)

3. fireball

fireball LawnSite Member
    from ne Pa

sorry to disagree with AWM but where on the label of your gas/oil mix does it say that it kills wasps. You are just polluting your own house by following his advice. Hire a professional pest control operator to get your wasps the safe way. You will find that they spray the area with Ficam dust. That way the little guys walk through the insecticide and return to the nest and kill the queen. Demand CS, Tempo Ultra, and Delta Dust are good ones too.

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

just get a can of that hot shot bee killer. wait till dark and spray it where they are entering. they will exit out. just keep spraying. it kills them instantly. a pest control expert may be the best way out in your situation though.

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

sorry to disagree there fire ball .wow. my method is one our family has used for ,well a long time.
    wouldnt suggest anyone use it who feels its unsafe though.
    by the way a lot of us on here have the license to kill bugs.

6. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

get them at night when they aren't active.spray on!

7. peteloare

peteloare LawnSite Member

By all means use tempo ultra.Had one hell of a nest in the wall of my barn.sprayed the opening at night along with the perrimiter of the bulding. You will see less and less activity till they are gone.

8. turf13

turf13 LawnSite Member

If the nest is 4ft off the ground or less you can repeatedly crash your truck into the side of the house until you crush them. I feel this is a sound solution to your problem.Hope this helps!

9. CODYHEATHER

CODYHEATHER LawnSite Member

Don't try the method I did, I had a nest in one of my concrete foundation blocks. So I thought I would be smart and go out at night and just patch it, thinking they would just die. Well the next evening my wife is screaming from the basement, when I go down, there were bees everywhere. It seems that they couldn't get back outside, they found a way to get inside. This did not inpress my wife, so I ended up getting a bug bomb and setting it off the next morning in the basement. Bees gone, wife happy!

10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm pour gas near your home? Thats a good one Awm LOL. You dont by any chance work for the volenteer fire dept do you? We had those kinda fireman go around and start brush fires just so they would have something to do(they got caught) I think they loved their jobs a little too much. Awn, piromania run in your family? haha