Wasted Day ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Nov 23, 2002.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: one of those days here in the northeast, windy and cold. could'nt do leaves, could'nt trim and try to blow beds. besides some shop work i wasted the day away. how about any one else??? tony

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

GG--perhaps not a total waste. hopefully you got a little down time and can enjoy your evening....:)

GEO

3. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: geo, exactly right but with all the rain i could have really used today.

4. yacht

yacht LawnSite Member

Same windy, blustery day here in pa. I almost hooked up to the rig and went out but decided to canx all of today's schedule. Glad I did since the wind gusts were in the 40mph range. Leaves were blowing everywhere today. Got alot of good bonding time with family today. Like Kenney Chesney says...that's the "Good Stuff"!!:)

5. mowahman

mowahman LawnSite Member

At least you guys have the option of going out..been down a week or so with all our leaves still stuck under 2" of snow that has the consistency of a snow cone. Just changed over one of the two trucks we use for leaf clean ups to sander and plow...I'm holding out hope that we can get back at it, still have 2 more weeks at least of clean ups left. Otherwise, it's gonna be a "gun and run" Spring.

6. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Wind blew a little here today. Still did 2 jobs. Funny how we must look chasing after all those pesky little flying leaves........:)

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

same here. i didnt bother working. i contacted some of my customers and asked if they would mind if i worked on sunday. i need to catch up. i have a feeling snow is coming, and i keep getting more calls for cleanups.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Same here. 0 for 2 the last 2 days! Friday I didn't mind loosing. It was probably the coldest windchill day we've had so far. I can take'm as cold as they come. But throw in some wind and I head indoors quick!

Today I minded. Good temps but so windy that leaf work was a lost cause. I got bored so I went out and did a close inspection of some of my renovations and overseedings.

9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Talk about a wasted day...........try being at home cause your trucks tranny won't pull your trailer!

ANd another $600.00 payment is due soon!

Now that sucks........even blows!

10. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Down time is not always wasted time. If YOU'RE down, so are the other LCO's in your area. Go do some networking at the local shop if you don't have anything else to do. Just be sure to leave the checkbook and credit cards at home! JEEZ! I proofread this post twice and still mispelled 2 words, I even mispelled 1 word in the edit! I really don't mispell words as much as this wireless keyboard doesn't pick up all of my keystrokes.