Wasting time on quotes?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by YotaNate, Mar 15, 2006.

1. soccer911

soccer911 LawnSite Member

$110.00 per week

2. kosty

kosty LawnSite Member

one of my commerical guys works from his house where i plowed and he said he got qouted for 35 bucks to do an acre. So if i want to mow i need to move to texas. If I lived in texas i could run a dump bucket and make more money and never have to get out of a truck to mow or trim or edge in the heat just push the lever and dump the rocks.

3. kosty

kosty LawnSite Member

wheres ur $30 minimum that five properties in the ghetto

4. kosty

kosty LawnSite Member

I sent you an email, Regarding it im too overpriced.

5. soccer911

I dont even understand what you are trying to say.

6. kosty

kosty LawnSite Member

You replied 110 a week, well thiers 5 properties that need mowing. So i was asking where is ur 30 dollar minimum.

7. soccer911

I gave a quote to the wrong forum. I was reading a post yesterday from a guy who wanted a quote. When I came upon bigjoe asking for a quote I gave him a quote for $110.00, that should have been for the other guy. Sorry Kosty for any confusion.

Kevin

8. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Something that really bothers me is doing quotes for the one time things that are about $40 dollar jobs. You show up and there are a couple other cheap-o lawn companies there doing a quote for aeration or something. After traveling 15 minutes out of my way to get there it's hard to not be really annoyed. I'm about ready to stop offering aeration to people that aren't my weekly clients. Does anyone have a good solution?

9. Bushwhackerstll

Bushwhackerstll LawnSite Member

It's apart of the job go to the house look professional give a good price and see what happened
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MD/NC

When i do quotes i always explain my reasoning. mowing is very cut and dry...but aerations are different. For Cedar Lawn Care - i explain my process and that it takes time and attention to detail on the lawn. I explain that it takes a while for me because i would rather take my time and do it right. My prices are higher, and all the customers know that. But they know the quality comes with it. I landed a new customer a few months ago, she explained what the old landscaper did and was very upset. She says she wont do another aeration because of the cost with little results. It will take some work on my part, but explaining and educating go a long way. If they are all about cost, then i prefer they use someone else. Last year 3 of my customers used someone else based on cost....all 3 called to ask me to do it this year and it was a big mistake.

Keep your head up and explain yourself. Honesty goes a long way!
    Posted via Mobile Device