Wasting time on quotes?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by YotaNate, Mar 15, 2006.

1. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Screen the calls
  2. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

3. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Move to Hollywood I guess?
    Keep your head up friends.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

Who is Steve?
  5. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

This ^^^^^^

This saves the time and headaches. I'm not perfect at it but if you set up a bunch of questions to ask people before you agree to come out to look at their job it can eliminate them quickly.

I've made the mistake:

"Hello can you give me a quote for lawn mowing?"

"Sure give me your address and I'll come out to see."

Sure enough a lot turn out to be me wasting fuel, O2, and time. It's a process to work on and continually improve so you don't need to waste time. I mean you can always tell people your minimum and you'll get an ok or a nice click of the phone hanging up.

I don't have all the answers but I know a lot of bad leads come from paper advertising where better leads come from people who visit my website. People who find my site or choose to visit it before they call already make the effort to see what you offer. Those that call off the list of companies in the paper just want low prices.

Lastly just walk away from work that doesn't make you money and get rid of the people you currently have that make you no money for those that can. The problem is when you are "starving" you take any and everything. When you are doing well is when advertising is awesome. You can pick and choose. I have it easy as this is not a full time gig, yet, and I will only cherry pick people. It'll go one of two ways. I'll get enough quality customers that I can try and jump into this or realize it's just not going to work out because the quality is not there for customers. Can't force things that can't happen..
  6. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Whoa, old thread