Watch golf just to see the grass?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tinkerer, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Tinkerer

Tinkerer LawnSite Senior Member

Do you watch golf just to see the green grass? I find myself doing that, though I find the game more interesting since seeing Mickelson win a year ago. I've never really played the game and was horrible at trying to hit the ball when it was the subject in Physical Ed in school.

2. lawnlubber

lawnlubber LawnSite Member

I'm always checking out the grass. Movies, driving, baseball I make my wife crazy cuz I'm always going "look at those stripes, cool"

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yup, I like the stripes at the nascar tracks too

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I watch golf because I love the game. However, I do find myself admiring the grass.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, ok,...I stop on the channels that have golf for a few minutes to look at the grass, too.......

6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

So do I. Some of the courses are trully fantastic. I won't sit through an entire round though, just flip over and watch a few minutes. I'd rather play than watch.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I stop channel surfing long enough to check out the turf on all the outdoor sports...lol

8. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

I do the same thing with baseball especially...how did the redsox get those socks on the infiield last year?
    EHO

9. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

ya, i look at the stripes at nascar, not golf.

more of a nascar fan anyways. golf requires one ball, racing takes two.

10. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

This year, at my day (night) job, they were nice enough to supply us with calenders sporting pictures of golf courses. Sure was pretty, yet cruel to look at in January!