watch out for the tree!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dcgreenspro, Jun 14, 2006.

1. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

trimming one of my nicer properties today and i always bump my head on this 1 branch, but i remembered how much it hurt last week and it wasn't a problem...until while i was on the mower, laying stripes and forgot were i was and wham..damn branch...had to check to make sure no one saw me and then continued mowing. felt stupid:hammerhead: The rest of the time mowing, i was thinking about how i was almost the first person decapitated by a stationary branch while on a week bring the chainsaw!!:angry:
  2. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I do this all the time. Next year I am going to try and get my customers to let me trim them at the beginning of the season.
  3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I do that every week while mowing at my church. They have a ton of Pin Oaks that haven't been trimmed in years. I am always looking ahead so far that I forget about the tree branch that sticks me right in the chest. I have been hit so hard in the head that I actually stopped, shut the mower off, and sat on the ground until I gained some comprehension of what day it was. OUCH! You can see some of the trees ( I think) in the June 06 stripe contest.
  4. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

I've bumped my head on a branch before. It wakes you up quick. Be safe.
  5. ed2150

ed2150 LawnSite Member

I've not had much trouble from trees, but I did run up under a clothes line pole last year that left a big bleeding gash in the top of my head.......haven't made that mistake again!
  6. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I hate having my head ripped of at 7mph. Lemon trees with thorns have almost ripped my ear off. Grr
  7. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

What's just as bad is when you duck to go under a big branch and just when you think you're in the clear the branch gets pulled back by the ROPS and smacks you in the back of the head! :hammerhead:
  8. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

ROPS what are those?? Aren't those things that you put on the employee's mowers, but not yours????
  9. lawncarepros2004

lawncarepros2004 LawnSite Member

Oh man the clothes line got me last week. Pulled my grass catcher back on my walker and dumped its contents on the lawn. i was not pleased with this outcome.
  10. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

"George, George, George of the jungle, strong as he can be...George, George, George of the jungle, watch out for that tree!"

Been there done that. You would think that the lesson would be learned, but nope, you'll do the very same thing the very next week, after week, after week...

Gotta be some Murphy's law at work here.