1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Watch Power Chutes In Action

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Power Chute Design, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Power Chute Design

Power Chute Design LawnSite Senior Member

You can now see Power Chutes in action on our website. We now have four streaming videos on the website with more to come in the near future. Just remember that the 'model' Power Chute used in the video is a working unit that has seen better days as far as appearance.

2. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing for Encore and Toro...what's hub bub with that.

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I can see why with Encore, but Toro?

4. Power Chute Design

Actually I made final patterns for both Toro AND Scag mowers this morning. I'm going to start the CAD work tomorrow with hopes of taking final products back to the dealer for testing and pictures next week. So I am hoping to have models available for both Toro Turboforce & Scag Velocity Plus decks by next weekend.

5. Snowman269

Snowman269 LawnSite Member

I can see the benefit with that device, it would have to be removed for the bagger.

6. Power Chute Design

That's true, but we have several on mowers with baggers. When the bagger is used it only takes the removal of two bolts and the Power Chute is completely off of the mower.

7. treemonkey

treemonkey LawnSite Member

Since OEM chutes are safety devices, are there any legal concerns regarding modifying a mower with your product? Lets say a stone is thrown and someones eye is poked out in Red Rider fashion. Would a lawyer have a field day with your product installed, saying it was a non-OEM modification of a safety device?

8. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

Any plans on making the power chute for bobcat mowers?

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

So according to these videos, there is no variable on the chte being open or closed to control or direct. This is a MAJOR asset in doing cleanups - amongst other things.

10. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, don't forget Gravely!