Watch them phones...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lqmustang, Nov 5, 2004.

1. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Well, the title says it all. Started off my day today emptying leaves out of the truck. Don't have a dump, so it's all about a bit of raking, then pulling the rest out with the tarp. Go home to hook up the trailer, and realize the cell phone is no longer in the pocket of my jacket. A thorough search in the cab and bed of the truck and I realize where it must have fell out. By the time I got back to the dump (only about 10 minutes) a tree truck unloaded on top of the leaf pile I left behind. After a half hour of searching I finally gave up, went to the AT&T store, and bought a new one. I'm usually pretty good about keeping stuff in the truck while unloading. That's what I get for being in a hurry I guess. Someone's gonna get a little but of plastic in their mulch next year. lol
  2. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I insure my phone for a couple dollars a month.

Paid off twice already. :eek:
  3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I do alot of raking and bagging myself. i always make sure my phone is locked on my belt. and to take this one step further..I scoop alot the leaves into the bag, and i always were a glove to make sure my wedding ring stays on... :dizzy:
  4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

put it on your keychain, and never worry about it again.... until you lose your keys.
  5. lqmustang

you wear your wedding ring??? :angel:
  6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I never carry my cell phone. I probably couldn't hear it ring over the mower noise anyway. I leave it in the truck. ( I don't carry my truck keys either!)
  7. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a holder that will clip to your belt and velcro or snap shut.
  8. jwholden

jwholden LawnSite Member
    from CT

Borrow a buddies cell phone and go stand near the pile. Call your number and start digging where you hear the ringing.
  9. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

I carry my phone on vibrate, I can still feel it over the mowers vibration, also it is on a belt holster that it clips into. I've also seen phone holsters that velcro shut that loop onto your belt, there would be no way of having your phone fall out of that.
  10. lqmustang

I tried that, but it would only ring once, then go straight to voice mail. Have a feeling that it was probably run over, as I know it was on when I lost it, and the ring once to voice mail usually means the phone is off, or in my case, probably smashed. lol In the end it all worked out fine other than the time wasted searching thru piles of leaves and chipped up trees. I have a new phone, and it will end up costing me $0 if I remember to send in the rebate.