watch those PDAs

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by 1stclasslawns, Mar 1, 2003.

1. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I just hot synced my visor PDA last week Then canged the batteries. the batteries I picked up out of the drawer wern't good and I didn't know it. I put them in and didn't check. It ran out of power and now is not working right. The touch screen isn't tracking just right and when you go to the keyboard it stops typing after a few letters and just beeps.

Its a year old but I think it should last 2 or 3 years without a problem.

I may be wrong

2. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a Palm for a birthday, my wife seems to think it will help my record keeping and invoicing...anyone have any experience or tips for using to increase efficiency

3. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah don't drop it or leave the batteries out for over a minute!! You'll lose EVERYTHING!! :cool:

5. ipm

ipm LawnSite Senior Member

I have an employee telling me " You gotta get PDA's" I say "NO" I think you should keep pen and paper in the field, and computers in the office. My opinion... Rain, Sun, Dust, etc. not to mention you are on the fly, Hell even my cell phone looks like it has been through WWII.

6. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a palm pilot 3xe. Last year the batteries run all the way out during a weekend when I did not know about it. Monday morning, I had the same problem. The instruction book told me to do a full reset, and hot sync after. I did that and it worked out good. All info came back to computer and transferred to the palm. Mabey in your instruction book thaere is something like this for the visor brand. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

7. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

8. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

after a couple of hard resets and using the stylus to hit the exact center of those little "targets" all is well I think.

The screen learns where you hit on the targets when it first starts.

Jim