1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Watcha think? another scam?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Eric 1, May 14, 2004.

1. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

uhhhh i think its 20 dollars not 200

i dont think its a scam, for some this may be a great program, different strokes for different fokes.

3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I belive this guy makes a living. Yep. He does. sold many and just talors what he has worked on to what the service is. Ie. sign making and lawn care. I don't think it is a scam but I can estimate on my own. hey for 20 bucks if you need help it is fairly cheap. I have spent more than that in time on bids I misjudged the time on. Oh well price of business.

4. Eric 1

Uhhh, no crap its $20, thats my point, I dont want to spend $200 on a program from Nebs, i just thought this would be a nice time saver for $20.

5. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

Have you looked at gopher?
    I have written software for 25 years and am so impressed with the gopher software. There are some things that would be easier but as a hole in a few days or a week of using it as you work, you to will be impressed. I am. It's free for a 30 day trail, I'm glad I did. Have it on a lap top with a power converter and printer in the truck. Print est. and one time invoices right there. Looks so much better than hand written and you have a centralized record of your quotes. Hope this wasn't to long of a post, take a look at it.

Good luck with what ever you go with, littlenic

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Eric 1,

If you try that program let us know what you think of it.

Hi littlenic,

Thanks for the positive review :)

7. Eric 1

What version are you using?

I looked at gopher, $300 seems a tad high, but I may try it.

Gopher could I get more info and previews of your product. Thanks.