Watched in disbelief.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JClawncare, May 22, 2006.

1. JClawncare

JClawncare LawnSite Member

The other day I watched a guy on a cub-cadet lawn tractor residential mower mow 1.5 acres with a flat rear tire and didn't weedeat. The yard looked like crap when he was finished. He blew off the driveway and sidewalk looked at the yard for a second then left. I can understand maybe mowing a few stripes before finding it, but the whole yard. I felt like he knew he had a flat but didn't care. And the bad part is he probably be back next week. I wonder if some people expect that from LCO from dealing with a few bad apples. Anybody ever notice such a action?

2. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

i have watched a mexican try to drive a sabre tooth tiger with no oil it was painful, first job on the machine and the owner opted for no low oil light...OOPS! Machine was now a 14000$ paper wieght.

3. bwilder10h

bwilder10h LawnSite Member

What about two mexican's trimming shrubs by holding a 21" mower over them? One holding the front wheels and the other by the handle... I almost pulled off the road to watch, but realized it was close to lunch time and didn't want to see anyone lose fingers or a hand before eating...

4. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

I hate to see mexicans get hurt. All it does is make the ambulance and hospital raise rates for everyone else.

5. Rev. Crabgrass

Rev. Crabgrass LawnSite Member

I was just getting to a yard and a crew was finishing up on one across the street. The guy on the mower (young kid probably 19 or 02) drove the mower up the gate on to the trailer with the blades on. He didn't raise the height of the deck. The racket was awful and the kid didn't even try to stop he just kept on going like nothing happened while the deck bounced and hopped. I just stood there with my mouth open and watched as he cut the mower off and picked up a blower and went to the back yard like that was the noise a mower should make when you put it on the trailer. I still don't believe it when I think about it. Did he do that everytime? Had he ever run the mower before? Did he Know that a mower has spinning blades? I don't even want to know what it did to the deck. The mower was an exmark lazer 60", and I feel sorry for the guy who hired him.

REV.

6. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

While I didn't witness, I ran into a LCO at the mower shop that had a big old cut running up his arm towards his shoulder. Asked him what happened....said he was attempting to cut some weed eater line with his brother using a weed eater with a brush saw blade attached on the end to cut the line.....OUCH!

7. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i'm having trouble believeing this one. funny thought though, either way.:laugh:

what kind of shrubs? are we talking perrenials?

8. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Can you sleep tonight - KNOWING that you told one......LOL:usflag:

9. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i saw a mexican crew with two exmark walkbehinds, one of the mowers looked like it had some damage, the guy was leaning over the deck with the plastic spindle covers off, engine and blades running. then he was adjusting something on the deck with his hand and blades still running. then the other guy stopped his mower on a hill, and sat down to take a break, the mower flipped over a few times and ended up hitting the house.

10. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Do you guys know the difference between genius and stupidity?

Genius has its limits. :hammerhead: :rolleyes: