Watching a driveway sealer in action today...

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by Loooogie, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Loooogie

Loooogie LawnSite Senior Member
    from YORK

He seems to have alot of problems with his nozzel cloging up. He was using gas to un clog the nozzel, what kind of sealer do you think he was using?

Why do you think he has so much problems?

2. blacktop

blacktop LawnSite Member
    from toronto

Maybe a bad batch or the nozzle is gone. How bad was it? was it clogging
    every time it was sprayed.

3. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

BlackMac or like sealer probably If it was a square, plastic, old home oil tanks, then would be oil based

If it was larger, and was Round, and has a air Compressor , then be Coal Tar or AE

4. blacktop

blacktop LawnSite Member
    from toronto

Black mac is top of the line, it is a premium product it should not cause any
    problems in appling. But if the tank was dirty before filling that would be a problem regardless to the shape, type or size.

5. Loooogie

from YORK

He must of cleaned the nozzel 6 or 7 times. Then he mixed some gas into the sealer.

He was using an old diesel tank, no air compresser. What kind of sealer do you think he was using?

6. blacktop

blacktop LawnSite Member
    from toronto

Sounds like it was a oil base sealer. If he cleaned the nozzel 6 or 7 times and added gas, if it worked ok after that the sealer was to thick for his pump the gas thined it out. If it did not work after that he have a bad batch or clog some where in lines. Did see if he mixed the tank? Did he check the strainer? What was the name of the sealer?

7. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like the cheap cut back oil sealer I can get local. That's why I drive to Toronto to get BlackMac, it's a way better product. The stuff local, use to clog bad, and even took out some tree branches and all sorts of stuff from the Y strainer:dizzy:. It's worth the drive for me to get the gooder stuff ( that's right, I said gooder):rolleyes:

8. Loooogie

from YORK

Not too sure what the name of the sealer. After he added the gas and mixed the sealer he did not have problems. He checked the strainer a few times.

9. Loooogie

from YORK

lol.. :laugh:

I heard of that stuff... You never know what you are going to get or find in your strainer.