Water as a Commodity

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by agrostis, Jan 30, 2013.

1. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

2. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

It makes sense.

Water is only going to get more scarce and more regulations with higher prices will kick in.

This needs to be done, as much as no one really wants this or wants to even deal with it.

Every summer water is a scarcity to several Rural towns through out the country . Eventually this will take effect many metropolitan area's. It's hard on some on people now.. but at the moment water is still like breathing air to most.. It's just there

My great aunt lives in Athens, Greece.. Everytime she comes her when she showers- She only turns the water on to rinse. The water runs for less then 1 min. She made me do this when we visited over there too.

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

FrankHerbert_Dune_1st.jpg

4. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

Ask T. Boone Pickens he is buying West Texas water rights.

In general we waste about 25 to 30% of our potable water with poorly performing irrigation systems.

5. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

What stood out to me was 1.7 trillion gallon's leaked, that's a lot of water. Leak detection is going to get bigger and bigger.

6. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

Fix a leak week is in March

7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

That's why my focus on leak detection and locating. One day a months disposable income could vanish in a few days of uncontrolled water loss.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Just stay away from my Great Lakes!

9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

too late. They already dump 8 million gallons a yr of untreated raw sewerage into lake erie.

10. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Damn right, I drain the lizard and it goes into the lake and the Canadians use for drinking water!:dizzy: