Water Booster Pump

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Grass Man, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... I need some type of a WATER BOOSTER PUMP so I can run 3 or 4 sprinklers off the same water line. There's no problem with the quantity of water, I just need to get the pressure up to run the sprinklers. Any suggestions? Also, I would think, I need to to be able to regulate that water pressure.:help:

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Where is your water coming from, city supply, well, pond?

Is there another pump already pumping but just not keeping the pressure up?

What I did at my house, and YES its not ideal, but I'm poor... I hooked up a 3/4 hp shallow well pump to my outside faucets (city water) to boost my pressure up so I can run multiple sprinklers at once to water my lawn. Works great too. Mine is hooked up so that the water can flow thru the pump whenever without it being on, so if I need to just run one hose I can without the pump running. The pump just has a pressure switch on it. Only catch is, you have to watch your output, if it's too close to the pressure switches cut off it will cycle every second since there's no pressure tank! (you could use a small tank but the pump would still cycle fast, just not that fast).

I dunno if this is what you are looking for...

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Chances are, your quantity (GPM) isn't all that good either.

4. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... Jason, You have given me an idea. I have a pump I bought years ago that has a 3/4” hose “Out” fitting on one of its' ends. I bought it to pump out a basement. I think I used it twice, so it is all but NEW. If I put a “T” on the 3/4” out end side with a regulation valve at the bottom of the “T” then I could, in theory, regulate the pressure coming out the straight end of the “T” going to the sprinklers, if you can visualize this. Also, at the bottom of the “T”, where the valve is (any kind of water valve will do), I could run a hose from there to another “T” on the “IN” side ( along with where the water supply comes in) on the pump whereby making it very efficient.

.... Thank you.
    :)