1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Water Drainage Problem. Need suggestions

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by The Punisher, May 22, 2008.

1. The Punisher

The Punisher LawnSite Member

So I am about to redo my lawn but notice I am having a drainage problem. When it rains if you look at the picture below, within the red area ( circle ) the water sits there for a long time in puddles, while the rest of the lawn drains well.

This in turn is resulting in the grass dying in that area.

So my question is how do i go abouts of fixing the sitting water in that area? Can i put some drainage pipe burried underneath so the water drains into the pipe?

I am planning on starting this project tommorow so i would appreciate the all the help.

2. bglawncommand

bglawncommand LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

I'm guessing that is runoff from the roof? Maybe you should install a stone bed (splash bed) and be done with fighting to grow grass there.
  3. The Punisher

The Punisher LawnSite Member

Actually no the roof has a drain pipe. The water that sits there is just that of the rain..

Any other suggestions???
  4. Knukey

Knukey LawnSite Member

to get the water to drain out of the area and seed over it. No hole = No standing water. Good luck!