Water Feature we just finished

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by JimLewis, Jul 22, 2007.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Well, we haven't done any planting around it yet. That will come this week. But here's the water feature itself. We did a lot more work at this property too (including the flagstone work that is pictured). But I really liked the way the water feature turned out so I thought I'd share it with y'all.

Here's the link;

2. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

I like it. it looks interesting
  3. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

How do you keep the water so focused, It looks like it doesn't even touch the sides. Also how do you keep it from going under the slate and riding down the liner?
  4. JimLewis

Black pond foam.

Like this; http://www.savio.cc/images/uploads/b_foam_pro_main.jpg

I used about 7 full cans on that water feature. There wasn't anywhere else for water to go, except straight down those flagstone shelves. You fill every little nook and cranny with the stuff.
  5. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

I like the way that looks. I bet with a hammock you could really get a good nap in with all that running water.
  6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Looks great!
  7. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I like it too......those pondless features will continue to gain popularity over time, I think they are awesome, I just haven't sold one yet.
  8. JimLewis

Yah, they are definitely very popular around here.

But that one isn't pondless, really. It has a small 6' x 4' x 1' deep pond down at the bottom. But I constructed very similar to the way we do pondless.
  9. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Where do you buy and what brand of foam do you use, that stuff is quite expensive around here, like $15-24 a can depending on the size? Also about what do you charge for something like that, and do you chrge more for pondless?

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Jim , all your pond and waterfall work looks great !! Black foam is the way to go ...the stuff is a life saver..