1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Water Features

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by GREENTIMEJG, Sep 10, 2007.

GREENTIMEJG LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

i am starting a landscaping business and my first project in going to be a retaining wall and fire pit paver patio and pond and water fall. I am doing this for my parents so that I can use it as an example of what type of work I can do.I have worked in the business for about 7 years but am current working another job and plan to continue that for a few more years. My questions is has anyone built a water fall with about a five foot drop? The retaing wall will be made with two rowes of boulder walls and at one point in the wall i would like to have a water fall that goes into a small pond.The water fall may be 4 or 5 feet wide and I would have to pump the water 7 or 8 feet back to the top.What type of pump would I need to get for this?The entire wall would be around 80 ft long.
  2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

As far as the pump you need ask the guys in the Pond forum or look up Aquascape designs online, maybe google them, they wrote the book on pond building......
  3. mudwisr2

mudwisr2 LawnSite Senior Member

Figure your total water volume (Gallons in a pond= LxWxDx7.48) then call Aquascape. Great products. You shouldnt need that big of a pump. Use your rock to determine the character the falling water has.
  4. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out Russell Water Gardens' pumps. With a 4' wide fall, you're going to be pushing some volume. I just used their system with a really big feature I designed, and it's amazing.