water for sprayers?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jacob land and, Mar 22, 2006.

1. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

where do you guys fill up those big 100-1000 gallon sprayers?
  2. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

we have a 'fill system' at our shop
    municipal water
  3. Fertboy

Fertboy LawnSite Member

We fill up big tanks at our shop. Regardless of where you fill up, ALWAYS have a back flow valve installed, at your water source . This is one of the Dept of Ags, favorites to get LCO on here in MD at a inspection. Plus its the smart thing to do.
  4. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

In the warehouse. Have eductor-fill system with booms for top fills and 1-1/2" camlock disconnects for side-fill fiberglass tanks. Spill containment dikes, water meters, 400 gal recycle system in the floor so even wash water from the trucks goes back out on the lawns. Pricey, but I fill 500 gal trucks in about 15 min. flat through a 2" water line (including measuring chemical/fert.) so after about 2 years it has easily paid for itself and the state inspector gives me a wide berth. And no I won't post pics. Too many local competitors drooling so it's under lock and key.
  5. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Currently using well water.

Setting up rain water catchment tanks with pump for loading truck tanks.

We only have 200 gal. systems on trucks.

Because of the size of our territories, we have given free lawn/tree treatments to local gas stations etc.for water fillups. That's so we don't have to return to base.
  6. Agri-AFC

Agri-AFC LawnSite Member

When I was in the applications business, we got a permit from the city to fill up at fire hydrants. Of course, they supplied the water meters and wrenches that we turned in twice a year. They read the meters and sent us the bill.