water garden

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by dzs1945, Apr 15, 2004.

1. dzs1945

dzs1945 LawnSite Member

how could we make this one better?

2. robertyb

robertyb LawnSite Member
    from ga

That is easy, build it for me in my back yard, that would make it a lot better :p
  3. sgallaher

sgallaher LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know, it looks pretty good to me. IS there something wrong with it? I would add lights if there are none now. Maybe some more plants.
  4. dzs1945

dzs1945 LawnSite Member

not our pond. Thought it looked pretty good. Yes I had permission to take a pic.
    one thing I might change is the shimmer top which looks out of place.

sure we will build it in your back yard. But not untill we take the build a pond day!
  5. cantspranomo

cantspranomo LawnSite Member

I would definitely add more plants to naturalize the setting, other than that it looks great
  6. Green Gopher

Green Gopher LawnSite Member

My only concern is that it looks easy for predators to make a quick snack of those fish.

7. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Only thing I would suggest is filling it in with some more plantings etc.

8. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

less stacking of the rock.
    less boulders around the edge
    try not to mix rock types, and keep the rock used that's natural in your reagion.
  9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

It looks good. The only thing I can think to add if you wanted to do something different, would be a small fountain in the center?
  10. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I think some large boulders around the falls with one or two placed at different places. More plants to soften up the rocks to give a more natural look..

I think a pond or water feature should look like its been there for years. Just my opinion.........

Looks good....

Maybe a more at random shape. Not just 2 circular ponds.

I don't do ponds...........I'm just stating what I think would look a little better. Plants, plants, plants.