1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Water Jug?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fubba, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys use to bring water with you throughout the day? I've been using a Bubba Keg, but find it isn't nearly big enough. I don't have a large ice maker so bringing a big dispensing cooler isn't an option. I want something durable that holds around a gallon. Just wanted to see what you guys use.

2. TwoGuyswithMowers

TwoGuyswithMowers LawnSite Member

We just use an ice chest with a case of Nestle water in it.

3. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

We use an 10 year old jug just freeze some bottle water and the ice u do have and u will be fine

4. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a gallon size rubbermaid water jug, the kind with the flip up spout. I'll freeze a large cup of water the night before and put that in the jug, fill it with water and a little more ice, and it'll stay cold for 2 days sitting in the truck.

5. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

That's what we do. Keep a cooler on each truck and a case full of water.

6. Joey waid

Joey waid LawnSite Member

We used to use a water cooler, the it would get so nasty from people putting their hands and drink in them. I had to wash it every day. So now I have a ice chest with water bottles and ice.

7. jhawk60

jhawk60 LawnSite Member
    from VA

Ice chest and bottled water.

8. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

McDonalds sweet tea.

9. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Reusable Culligan blue plastic jug from grocery store that is BPA free filled with 1 gallon of fresh-squeezed from our RO/Reverse Osmosis tap at our kitchen sink. No ice needed...I like it truck temp!

10. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay water is good, but it won't get you through the week. you need something to replace the electrolytes. Try this:

1 quart water 1/2 teaspoon sea salt 1/4 cup local honey 1 quart organic lemonade, 1 qt organic cranberry juice. Everyone eats a banana every hour. Boils water add salt and honey, let cool add juice put in frig. over night. Put water in zip bags in freezer at night. Pack all in a cooler in the morning. I run solo and this is what I bring for me.