1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Water leakage

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by billebob, Mar 19, 2000.

1. billebob

billebob LawnSite Member

Hey all,<br>Well, it's been a great day. My 79 Cheby K10 is running! After a 4 week, 300 doller motor rebuild on a 72 El Camino 350, it's finaly running. It's a stock short block with a hefty PAW cam, Headers, Edelbroke performer RPM intake, and 750 Carter Carb. Now on to my problem. The truck runs now. But, i never said it runs good. ;) The truck runs realy rough. When i built it, i put in some questionable plugs. But, i know my timing isn't perfect. Any tips on getting this thing timmed? Also, my big problem, is that water is comming up threw the intake bolts. Should a bit or RTV solve that? Or what else can I do. Also, anyone know what a Junkyard radiator costs?<br>Thanks,<br>Bill

2. yortengel

yortengel LawnSite Member

I use felpo gaskets and Blue lock tight, No leak problems the, Better get it in tune. and don't forget, a big cam usually means low vacuum. Low Vac usually means rough Idle.<br>Dont forget, 1 8 4 3 6 5 7 2. Ive been repairing vehicle for years and I still make simple mistakes with things like the fireing order. Good luck.<br>