Water pressure

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by VO Landscape Design, Sep 19, 2009.

1. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

I have just reseeded some small areas for a customer. Her water pressure is lousy to say the least. Is there a efficient way to increase it so I can water the two areas. I tried wide open and it won't cover both areas, split the hose but no go that way either.
    VO

2. LilesLawn

LilesLawn LawnSite Member

Might not be able to increase water pressure, but you can use it the most efficiently by making a custom sprinkler out of 1" PVC and MP Rotor Heads. It will take longer to water, but they use th least amount of water pressure out of any heads I know of.

3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Increasing pressure happens when you go from large hose down to smaller hose. 1" to 1/2" should increase pressure as it decreases volume.

That is the basic principle... how it will apply in your case may be meaningless. Low pressure usually means - replace the pump or the point.

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

If it is a well you can turn up the pressure. Take off the cover from the pressure switch, there are directions underneath.