Water problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Got Grass?, Jun 13, 2001.

1. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

Ever have this happen? Your out working all day, Mulching and bed work, along with trimming a ditch, and laying sod. Come home do all your oil changes (of cource I spilled 1/2 a used quart all ofer me, hydro change, lube, blades, etc. & Have to give a commercial estimate at a dentists office at 9am. Grab the hose to wash off then plan to go in and shower, and find out there is no water pressure. A water ban for most of the county because of a 5ft water main break at a pumping station. No water untill at least tommarow night. Damn this sucks.:blob2: Tring to figure out what to do for tommarow except to change the estimate or show up stinking and dirty? Washing off in a creek and that hand cleaner only works so well. Would have used bottled water but Family needs it for medication. :eek:
  2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I would jump in the pool, good luck.
  3. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

if worse came to worse i would go to a hotel in another country and pay to just use the shower and go home. cost you $40-$50 bucks but at least you won't be stinky& dirty.
  4. Go to a truck stop that is not affected by the water conditions. Cheaper than renting a motel room. Think it's like $6 to $8 bucks to rent a shower stall for 30 minutes.
  5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

if i got a motel though i would just go to another county, not another country.
  6. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

As it turns out when the main broke it caused other pumping stations to shut down. Thay were able to get the others back up so there is little pressure here now. The expect more pressure by morning. and will lift the water ban to some seriuos concervation (guess that sod won't get waterd). Managed to wash myself off somewhat, and will take a shower in morning if not much pressure I will settle for a bath. A friend would have let me shower over there. Just annoing situation, 14hr. hot tiring day including the maint. finished off with that.
    OK I'm done venting now. everything always works out in the end.
    Some good ideas tho!:cool: