Water restrictions changing

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, May 19, 2005.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like our water restrictions will be changing soon. They are going to change from twice a week to three times a week. Our reservoirs are back up to manageable levels and the city is losing $$ by not being able to sell enough water the last few years. I hope even if our water levels are at 200% that they keep the 3 days a week limits forever. Twice a week is tough during July and August.

1:30 in the morning now. Finishing up some invoicing and bids. after May 31 things will be back to normal for me. But right now I am swamped.

2. AceSprinkleRx

AceSprinkleRx LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

What I find amazing is having a 2-3 day rain and then listening to the gov't tell us our 7 year drought is "officially" over.

Locally, we'll still use an even/odd day watering schedule and I'm sure as summer drags on we'll have more restrictions.

3. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

What kills me about water rationing is that I bust my hump to convince my customers to let me program the controller for every third day interval to prove to them they can have the yard they want with less water..........then if we see rationing, I'm going to have to set them all to every other day (even or odd) so that they meet the rationing requirements. At least we haven't seen rationing in NE KS for almost 15 years.

4. AceSprinkleRx

AceSprinkleRx LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

My son is working construction up around the KC area and just about every time I visit with him he's pissed because they call off work for a bit of rain!

Somehow I don't think a couple days of rain in Wyoming is going to slow down our forest fires this summer. btw, we're originally from Linn Co, KS.

5. On the bright side, So.Ca and pretty sure LasVegas won't be stealing that Co. water this year. Heck, up here in the San Fran area, we're at almost 200% above normal rain fall.

6. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, last year was one of the wettest years I've seen. I moved out this way in '85. The old timers are telling me that the last 15-18 months are exactly what happened back in '37 before the dust bowl. I'm not sure I'm wishing that kind of drought on us, but I sure would like to see us go back to losing a few inches from norm each year like we had been doing.

7. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Don't get too exited Gus as Sunny San Francisco
    will suck up that xtra water so fast it will be on rationing before Aug.That is if they saved any of it at all,most likely it ran into the bay.