Water Restrictions :o(

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by HazyDavy, Oct 1, 2005.

1. HazyDavy

HazyDavy LawnSite Member

It's been really dry here the last couple of months and now they're talking about implementing water restrictions. They're voting on it this coming tuesday. I just recently seeded and re-seeded and my lawn isn't ready for me to cut back to every other day. I have a lot of new seedlings, and I really need to water at least twice per day. It's a $50 fine for watering when you're not supposed too. I was thinking if they implement the restrictions that I might water anyways. I only have a 1500 square foot lawn and I only water for around 15 minutes 3 times per day. What would you guys do? I really wanna have a nice lawn and it's coming in nicely.

What would you guys do? Any suggestions?
  2. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

we have water restrictions but new landscapes/installations are exempt for 30 days
  3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

The water restrictions are set for a reason, we are running out of water here! I would cut back my water usage like they ask, and deal with my lawn later. Falls lake is drying out, and when thats dry we are all screwed! Do as they say, don't be greedy because a little grass. A 1500 square foot lawn wouldnt take $100 to reseed and aerate again.