water separating fuel filter

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by WalkGood, Jul 20, 2006.

1. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone know of a source for a very small inline water separating fuel filter, that can go on a mower gas line?
  2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

I just added a small sediment bowl to one of my customers Ferris's. Works great. I have looked everywhere for a small in line filter with drain. Came up empty.
  3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Dixie Chopper has one made by Parker, The D.C. part number is 97392.
  4. oldgreygox33

oldgreygox33 LawnSite Member

Remove tank, empty tank, flush out tank, dry tank, remount tank, add fresh fuel to tank.------------------No need for sepatator.
  5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

You left out flush fuel lines, Replace fuel filter and clean carb., If one is going to all the trouble do it right. :hammerhead:
  6. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

Most auto parts stores also carry dry gas or water remover additives have used them in the past with good results add some to your extra cans if they are exposed to the elements :)
  7. Jim@MilkyWay

Jim@MilkyWay LawnSite Senior Member

I experimented one time with the department store gas drier products, plus denatured alcohol, ether and a few more concoctions.
    I put some fresh gas in a jar and added a drop or three of water, then added each of the dry gas stuff in turn. Though I don't remember which ones I used, as it was a while back, I _do_ remember not seeing the result I really wanted.
    If the water "disappeared", then I would know it had gone into solution and would burn in engine, but it just sat there at bottom of jar. None of the products actually made the water "go away". It may have altered it's state such that it would in fact "burn" when ingested, but it didn't look like a healthy solution to go sucking through my carb and filter. Just a thought.:waving:
  8. WalkGood

In a perfect world, that would work. Then again a perfect world would never require doing that.

Back to reality. Hot humid climate. Very humid. Humidity gets in gas cans. Moisture in gas from gas station. This happens all over. Even from GOOD gas stations.

If moisture separators weren't needed, none would be made.

I just need a very small inline one.
  9. WalkGood

Got any idea how small? I googled and did not find out. Links to dixiechopper.com were dead.
  10. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member