water stain on brick work

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirt Boy, May 1, 2008.

1. Dirt Boy

Dirt Boy LawnSite Senior Member

I've been asked to manage the sprinklers at a apartment complex. They have grass planted right up to the brick walls, heads are out probably 8-10" from the walls, but they still have been spraying on the brick - for years!!

Does anybody have any recommendations, experience with trying to remove this, or is it "just too bad"

Thanks

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

adjust the nozzles. Maybe replace them with newer ones.

3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Efflorescence remover. At any supplier that sells hardscape stuff, probably big box stores too.

4. Dirt Boy

Planning on, at least looking at the nozzles, make sure they are directed as best as possible, or replace.

Figured others have run into this, so no need for me to "re-invent the wheel" .

Appreciate your thoughts

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Okay, so are you talking about removing the marks on the wall, or fixing the spray? I suppose it doesnt matter, both topics have been covered.

6. Dirt Boy

Will try & fix the sprays, but .... with wind blowing, etc. who knows how successful that will be. Guy wants to try & clean the brick up, so that's why I am looking for recommendations.

7. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

You may have to use some vann nozzles so you can angle them slightly away from the building.

8. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

GAG ME------------