1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Water Temperature on '06 2500

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by procut, Mar 6, 2008.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought an '06 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 L. The temperature gauge reads just shy of 210 degrees when running down the highway, this seemed a little high. My other trucks don't run quite this hot, is this about normal. Thanks!

2. AceFinish

AceFinish LawnSite Member

Might be a little warm but I think most thermostats average 210 running temp.

3. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i average about 190 on my 1500, you might want to check you coolant level, also check your radiator for debris blocking it.

4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

mine runs the exact same way. 2002 chevy 2500HD 6.0L

i dont know why i havent done it yet, but im going to be picking up a 180* thermostat. i might drill it as well, havent decided yet.

5. deere-man

deere-man LawnSite Member

I have a '07 Silverado it runs 210 & always has. I have a '97 that runs much cooler I would say that is normal no worries.

6. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

My '05 also runs at 210 whether it's 20 or 90 outside. No reason to change the thermostat, 210 is what it is designed to run at.

7. greggwim

greggwim LawnSite Member

My 02 runs just under 210 from day one. The only other problem I have had was the fan clutch it started to run warm.

8. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

210 degrees is what chevy designed them to run at in order to optimized total fuel combustion with their newer vortech design.. chevy does not consider their engines to be overheating until it reaches 260 degrees.

9. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

ok, thanks for the replies.

10. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

200-210 is what mine runs at but its a diesel..