Water wall (water feature)

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by proscape lawncare, Nov 14, 2007.

1. proscape lawncare

proscape lawncare LawnSite Member

Looking for any info on different ways to build a water wall Water wall.
    As well as suppliers for parts to construct them.
    Any ideas would be appreciated

2. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

3. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

indoors or outdoors
    If it is outdoors where you live you are going to have some major freeze thaw issues to think about before hand

4. proscape lawncare

Thanks PaperCutter I'll check it out.
    The water walls are for inside a restaurant, they are asking for several water walls for different areas through out the establishment.

5. steve5966

steve5966 LawnSite Member

Think along the lines of a metal box above and below, covered in stone. Pump in the bottom, baffles in the top. They are really pretty simple to design.

6. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

This might be a dork of an answer but why not just use wall fountains.
    I sell them here and people usually put them up against the house wall on the pool decks.
    If you dont have any connections up there PM and I can get some pics to you and ship them up.
    They are easy to install and maintain.

7. bluediamond

bluediamond LawnSite Member

it depends on what type of water wall you're looking for (natural,modern,etc.) but for a natural looking one maybe check out www.universalrocks.com

8. proscape lawncare

Thank's but I'm looking for parts or ways to build ones with like glass panels or maybe glass blocks.
    Were the water spills evenly across the top and then the wall has a sheet of water flowing down one side.
    I would also need to have a basin in the base to hold the water and pump, I also would think I need a auto fill due to evaporation, and some kind of way to keep the water sanitized/filtered.
    This is going to be used in large restaurant and used to separate different areas.
    Thank's for any help in locating parts or suggestion's on ways to make this happen.

9. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

10. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

it would be cool to pump the water back up thru a hole drilled in the glass wall, that way it would be nearly impossible to tell how the water was getting to the top....